March Live CORE and Elective Classes:
April Live CORE and Elective Classes:
Abuse & Neglect Re-Certification
CORE – 3 credits
Wednesday, April 1
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Register by emailing: email@example.com
Please talk to your supervisor before registering.
Elective- 2 credits
Monday, April 6
10:00 pm – 11:00 pm
PBS – Broadcast Premier
Recommended Electives for On-The-Go Education
Click below for Continuing Education, CASA Special Events & General Information Meetings (GIMs)
Attain your 12-20 continuing education credits by attending a free live continuing education class. To RSVP to any of the classes offered, please check the event details on the calendar.
(Continuing Opportunities to Refresh & Educate)
The foundation of effective advocacy for our CASA/GALs starts with pre and post training learning. Our C.O.R.E is designed to prepare and support each CASA/GAL volunteer in the important role as a child advocate.
- Abuse & Neglect Recertification – Course Training Refresher & Compliance
- Probate Recerfitication – Course Training Refresher & Compliance
- Optima Training – Refresh and refine your case management skills and ask specific Optima related questions
- Post Pre-Service Training – Course Training Refresher & Compliance
The electives below offer various subjects that are relevant on a case-by-case experience. These classes are important to build a CASA/GALs foundation of knowledge to increase focus on case related topics. Listed below are the specific case related matters for your continuing education that will be offered on the CASA Kane County Events Calendar.
- Domestic Violence
- Foster Care Families
- Mental Health & Wellness
- Addiction & Substance Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
Monthly Coffee Case Talk
One of our greatest priorities is working together on a CASA to CASA – Case by Case – Child by Child learning, to meet your specific needs.
Monthly Coffee Case Talks are intended to provide a setting for volunteers to discuss specific case needs in small groups in order to promote greater advocacy and collaboration. To request a small group on a specific topic, please use the button below.
Continuing Education Common Questions
Contact Maha McDiarmid, Director of Training & Education 630-444-3106 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Maha McDiarmid, Director of Training & Education at 630-444-3106 or email at email@example.com. She will work directly with the supervisor as a team and triage approach to meet your needs.
Are we meeting your educational needs?
Please recommend here:
- Small groups on specific topics you would like to attend that pertain to your case.
- Case related subjects you want to learn more about for greater continuing education.
- Share thoughts and experiences on your case that are related to our children, courts, agencies and outside influences.